Date: 5th August 2020
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
This is an agreement between you and Optimed Ltd. the creator and publisher of CAPTIV8 Share the patient communication and marketing services (‘Communication Service’).
- The entire contents of Communication Service are copyrighted or otherwise protected intellectual property owned by Optimed.
- By using this product you agree that the developer (Optimed and any affiliate or service provider) may maintain information about your use of the product for the purpose of providing you the product’s services and improving the services.
- You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any acts or decisions you may make as a consequence of exposure to any of the content in the product.
- HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
To be a healthcare provider using the Site (“Provider”) you must agree to comply with all laws, medical or other board rules, or other rules and regulations applicable to you as a healthcare provider or other professional using the Site and Serivices. Your relationship with your patients/clients is directly between you and the patient. The patient will never have a physician-patient relationship with Optimed. Optimed does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession and offers no medical or other professional services. You, the Provider are solely responsible for all agreements, consents, notices and other interactions with patients and other consumers. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Provider is solely responsible for all billings and collections from patients and other consumers, and Optimed shall have no liability whatsoever to Provider concerning any amounts owed by any patient or other consumers to Provider.
- INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT AND INDEMNIFICATION
The Provider will use the Site and Services only in accordance with applicable standards of good professional practice. While software products such as the Site and Services can facilitate and improve the quality of service that Provider and its personnel offer to patients, many factors, including the provider/patient relationship can affect a patient outcome, and with intricate and interdependent technologies and complex decision-making it is often difficult or impossible to accurately determine what the factors were and in what proportion they affected an outcome. Provider shall be solely responsible for its use of the Site and Services, and the provision of services to Provider’s patients. In this regard, Provider releases Optimed and waives all potential claims against Optimed as a result of the Provider’s use of the Site and Services, and the provision of services to Provider’s patients. As a result of the complexities and uncertainties inherent in the patient care process, Provider agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Optimed harmless from any claim by or on behalf of any patient of Provider or its personnel, or by or on behalf of any other third party or person claiming damage by virtue of a familial or financial relationship with such a patient, which is brought against Optimed, regardless of the cause if such claim arises for any reason whatsoever, out of the use or operation of the Site and Services. To the extent applicable, Provider will obtain Optimed’s prior written consent to any settlement or judgment in which Provider agrees to or which otherwise provides or implies any finding of fault of Optimed or any defect in the Site or Services. Optimed will promptly notify Provider in writing of any claim subject to this indemnification, promptly provide Provider with the information reasonably required for the defence of the same, and grant to Provider exclusive control over its defence at Providers expense. Optimed reserves the right to appear and defend any actions in which it is named as a party. Provider agrees to pay and reimburse Optimed’s costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) incurred in connection with such litigation.
- ACCOUNT OWNERS
By establishing an account developed, licensed or owned by Optimed you agree to be bound by this Agreement and to use the Services in compliance with this Agreement, the Terms Of Service and the End User License Agreement, and other Optimed policies posted on our Web site. Customers must be at least 18 years old. Optimed reserves the right to change prices and institute new fees at any time.
- OTHER FEES
You acknowledge and agree that any fees or charges incurred while using this Communication Service, from any Internet service provider or other service provider are your sole responsibility.
- PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS OF A CUSTOMER
When asked, customers must provide Optimed with accurate and complete billing information including legal name, address, phone number, and credit card/billing information. Optimed is not responsible for any charges or expenses (e.g., for overdrawn accounts, exceeding credit card limits, etc.) resulting from charges billed by Optimed. Delinquent accounts may be suspended or cancelled at the sole discretion of Optimed.
Account owners may cancel their account with Optimed at any time within the app.
- CUSTOMER’S ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
Upon registration, you will create a username and password. You acknowledge that are the only authorised Customer of your Communication Service account, and you must comply with this Agreement. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Optimed immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Optimed will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Optimed or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
- not copy or distribute the software or source code behind the Communication Service to any third party;
- not reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any portion of the Service or otherwise attempt to discover or re-create the source code to the Service;
- comply with all applicable laws applicable to the Service;
- not make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation, or derivative work of or to any portion of the Service;
- not remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices (including copyright notices) of Optimed or its suppliers in any portion of the Communication Service or on the Website(s);
- not interfere with or disrupt the use and enjoyment of the Services by other users; and
- not use any type of automated means to (a) utilize the Service or (b) download or retrieve content or other information. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
- OPTIMED PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the Communication Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in the Service or information presented to you through the Service is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Optimed content suppliers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part. Optimed grants you a single license (unless stated otherwise) that is a non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software and Communication Service provided that you adhere to the Restrictions setforth in 10.
Your rights under this Agreement terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. No notice is required from Optimed to effectuate such termination. Additionally, Optimed may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason and may effect notice of such termination through email, written letters or alert messages posted to the Communication Service. Upon termination, you must stop using the Service.
- MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
Optimed reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Communication Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Optimed shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You understand and agree that the service is provided “As is” and that Optimed assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, non-delivery, or failure of any to retain any content or your content or communication or personal settings.
- NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Optimed server, or the network(s) connected to any Optimed server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Optimed server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services. You will not attempt to copy any of the content available on any of Optimed’s websites such any movies, or any other form of 3D animation developed by Optimed or its subsidiaries.
- USE OF SERVICE
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by Optimed or submitted to the Communication Service, including without limitation information uploaded by yourself. You acknowledge, consent and agree that Optimed may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms Of Service and/or End User License Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Optimed, the Communication Service or its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. You understand that the Service and software embodied within the Service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by Optimed and/or content providers who provide content to the Communication Service. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Service. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Communication Service, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services, you will not:
- Use the Communication Services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as a limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another computer or property of another.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Services.
- Download, copy and re-transmit or distribute any proprietary content outside the Communication Service.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
Optimed prohibits the use of the Services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail or SMS (“Spam”). You may not use any Services to send Spam. You also may not deliver Spam or cause Spam to be delivered to any of Optimed’s Services or customers. In addition, e-mail or SMS sent, or caused to be sent, to or through the Services may not:
- use or contain invalid or forged headers;
- use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
- employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path;
- use other means of deceptive addressing;
- use a third party’s internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third party’s equipment, without permission of the third party;
- contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content;
- fail to comply with additional technical standards described below; or